Forcing Rhubarb

Just a week ago I found a discarded black plastic dustbin in a skip. I had been looking for something to completely exclude all light from my rhubarb crowns. This patch of 'Timperley Early' is nearly 4 years old, so the plant is strong enough to withstand forcing. Just by excluding all light during the first few months of growing produces much sweeter and more tender sticks of rhubarb at the beginning of the season. This does put somewhat of a strain on the plant, but this is a patch of rhubarb which I am going to move, dig up or give away next year.
Many more of my first set of early tomato seedlings have germinated in my heated propagator. Once again the variety I have named Great Wall of China is well ahead, all 7 of the seeds planted are up. 100% germination rate in 7 days!
Shallots 'Pikant' have been planted in modules in the unheated part of the greenhouse just to get them off to a good start. They seem to be responding well to the increasing day length.
Purple Sprouting Broccoli 'Rudolph' is still producing fantastic spears every week. This should keep me going until the main crop starts in April.
Finally, the old bird box is on its last legs, so it came down today... down with the old...
And up with the new!