Crown Prince Pumpkin


Here's one of my lovely Crown Prince pumpkins. What an amazing colour!

I always roast them in the oven, it tends to evaporate some of the water.

Blog readers will know that once every 5 weeks I get a half day off work, and I like to play 'tourist in my own town'. Today I took the train to the East side of London to have a look at the building works for the London 2012 Olympics site.

The roof of this stunning London Aquatics Centre is up already. This wonderful design by a female architect Zaha Hadid is supposed to be a 'wave shaped' roof. Am I alone in thinking that it looks like a Pringles potato crisp?

The main Olympic stadium is largely built now. I took the tube down to Stratford today, the main building site is in a triangle between Stratford, Hackney Wick and Pudding Mill Lane stations.

I am dreading the extra traffic in London during the Olympics. It is bad enough every day getting to work without an extra few million people! hmmm