Hot Stuff!

Have you noticed all these little grey plastic objects dropping on your soil and on the roads and pavements? I picked these up from our road in about 10 minutes while I was taking Buddy out for a quick walkies. I think these are the little plastic containers inside a firework that hold the sparks and colours you see when a rocket explodes in the sky. It worries me therefore that I keep finding these in my soil, and all over the place. There must be billions of them, they will not compost, nor rot down. They will be there forever. Does anyone care?
More hot stuff. I have loads and loads of horseradish at the moment. Now is the time of year to dig it up, so I have been thinning out some of my patches. This goes down into the soil very deeply and it is almost impossible to get rid of if you don't like it. I love horseradish so this will be very carefully prepared to make sauce. Watch this space!
You might remember a few weeks ago I brought my Scotch Bonnet chillis into the house on a windowsill to ripen. Well, I can't eat all this number all at once. These are some of the hottest chillis you can grow, so I decided to preserve them by drying them.
One of my favourite toys is this dehydrator. It took quite a while to dry these chillis, in the end I had to snip the bottom of each chilli open with a pair of scissors to allow the warm air to penetrate and dry the insides as well.
And the finished product is completely dry and will be stored in a glass jar until needed.