Bishop's Kiss!

I obtained these unusual chilli plants as tiny seedlings back in the Summer. Although they had been planted very late, I was determined to see if I could get them to grow and produce seed for next year. These are called 'Bishop's Kiss' chillis. A relative of a similar shaped variety known as 'Friar's Hat' or Bishop's Hat chilli. I didn't think they would ripen before the end of the season so a few weeks ago I brought them inside onto a sunny windowsill - and hey presto! One of these plants will be making its way into the posession of a certain Church of England Bishop who needs cheering up at the moment!
Just a month to go before Christmas so today I cut off the tops of my Brussels Sprouts 'Bosworth'. They are looking good for my Christmas Dinner, and I hope that cutting the tops off will give them a bit of a boost just in time!
Christmas new potato is surviving in a large pot sat in a heated propagator in the greenhouse. We've had a few sharp frosts so far, this seems to be keeping it alive and growing. A bit of an experiment, but we shall see.... on the 25th December!
I chopped up one of my lovely Queensland Blue pumpkins today. Just such an amazing colour, texture and taste. By far, the best Winter squash I grow. Sweet, dry and tasty. I made a pumpkin pie this afternoon... fresh home grown pumpkin, fresh home made pastry, fresh home milled pumpkin pie spices.
Turkey is defrosting as we speak. For those of you who aren't American, or don't know any Americans... it is Thanksgiving tomorrow. To those of you who are, or who do... Happy Thanksgiving!