Potting Up

Everything is just romping ahead! My rhubarb is at its absolute best at the moment. Sweet and tender at this time of year these are the best few weeks to pull rhubarb. It gets more acid and more fibrous later in the year.
A few weeks ago I planted some broad bean Aquadulce Claudia into these long, thin coffee cups. These make good root trainers, you can see here the roots have gone right to the bottom of the cup. Almost time to plant these out now.
I planted one Rocket new potato in a small pot in January. This has been pampered in a heated propagator and re-potted almost weekly! The growth rate is phenomenal. We've had bright sunsine and warm days for the last few weeks and it has made good growth. I will give it plenty of liquid feed! I am hoping to have a small crop at Easter!
Bishop's Kiss chilli are enjoying the heat and the bright light in the greenhouse too. These have been potted up and are looking good!
Last April I received a present of an ornamental coffee plant. Actually it was about a dozen small coffee seedlings in a pot. Beautiful shiny, dark green leaves but the plants were quickly growing too large for one pot. I re-potted a dozen coffee plants yesterday! Apparently coffee plants enjoy shady, warm and damp conditions. I'll give it a go! If they all survive it looks as if some of them will be making their way to the church bazaar!