Sloe Gin!

I did something today that I had always wanted to do, but never got around to doing it - making sloe gin. After a bit of research on the net I came up with a useful website sloe.biz with a few recepies for sloes. These are a plum related fruit you will find in English hedgerows this time of year. The recepies state that they are better after the first frost has been on them... but I couldn't wait! As we speak I have a vat of sloe jelly cooking on the stove.
The instructions begin with "buy a bottle of gin and drink half of it"... so far so good. Fill up the half bottle with sloes until you have about a wine glass of space at the top. Pour in sugar. You have to agitate it every day for a week, then every week for a month to mix the sugar. It may be about ready for Christmas, but is better if left for next Christmas (oh yeah??) Supposed to taste like port wine. Lets wait and see.