International Kidney

Note to self.... must grow International Kidney new potatoes next year! I have not tried this variety before, they are a second early potato which came out of the ground today, a wonderful milky white colour. If I lived on the island of Jersey and grew this potato I would be able to call it Jersey Royal.. because that's what it is. But I don't.. so I can't. You don't need to put butter on this hot new potato, it is just the most wonderful, wonderful ,waxy, delicious potato hot or cold.
Had some time on my hands this last couple of days and made strawberry jam. This might be one of the most popular flavours but it is not straightforward to make as strawberries have a low pectin content and a low acid content.. both of which are required to set a jam. You must use added pectin one way or another. Either by using jam sugar which already has pectin added, or by using a liquid or packet of pectin, or by using a pectin-rich fruit such as apples or plums with it. I have never found a recipe which accurately tells you how long you should boil jam for. I use the 'saucer in the freezer' method to tell when my jam is set. Never fails.
Visited the RHS Garden at Wisley, Surrey on Friday with my blog-mentor Stan. Captions please!