Matron's 2010 Review

What a wonderful year it has been! So many great memories and successes Down on the Allotment. Hard pressed to pick just a few of the highlights, but thank you all for staying with me. The first seeds of 2011 have been sown now, and the days are finally getting longer. It was at the end of September that so many of you sent pictures for Matron's Dogblog. I really enjoyed sharing all your doggy garden helpers.
And in August I had the privilege of meeting Peggy from Organic Growing Pains when I visited Cobh in Ireland for a short trip. Peggy showed me round her neck of the woods, here we are digging spuds on her amazing allotment. Thank you Peggy for a wonderful day!
I particularly enjoyed seed swapping with bloggers out there. I like to grow some unusual vegetables, and this hairy cucumber was an old heirloom variety passed down from family to family in Bari, Italy.
And of course, the Salmon flowered peas.
And this memorable photo of the Trombocino or Tromba D'Albegna squash. Matron is particularly proud of this one!
May I wish you all a fruitful and fertile New Year!