Root Trainers

I was at college this last weekend. Our classroom is in a five star conference centre in a country house in Buckinghamshire. Between lessons we enjoyed coffee and tea from vending machines. I suddenly noticed the shape of these paper cups was just perfect for re-using as root trainers! So I announced to the rest of the class that I would like all their empty cups to use as root trainers. Expecting a bit of a titter and some teasing.... but nothing! As the weekend went by, more and more paper cups appeared on my desk, without a word and willingly, and with smiles!
Isn't it wonderful how times are changing? People really embrace and encourage re-using and re-cycling in their lives at the drop of a hat nowadays!
I have been the weirdo, for most of my life! Having a compost bucket under the sink at home or outside the back door in the 1980s and 90s just was not cool! Neither was collecting loo rolls, getting excited at the sight of horse manure! Or pee-ing on your compost heap for that matter! Now the rest of the world has caught up! Hallelujah!