Precious Pickings

These last few tomatoes are so precious. I have been savouring them one at a time as they hang on in the greenhouse. In a few short days they will be gone and I will only have horrid supermarket tomatoes for the next 6 months. These Ildi tomatoes grew well in a small hanging basket.
Just a few Gardener's Delight in the greenhouse too. These are just a bit small but the taste is amazing. Tomatoes on the lower trusses have all gone now. Leo goes in the greenhouse and helps himself if I leave the door open!
And a few Black Cherry tomatoes hanging from the roof of the greenhouse. Leo can't reach these!
And a late sowing of Hurst Greenshaft peas in August has been well worth it. A few sweet, tasty pods to eat in the garden today. I have noticed that in this late crop there is not a single pea moth anywhere. I suppose the adults laid their eggs in the early Spring and Summer crops and had all gone when these were flowering. Note to self!