Famous at Last!

I spent the day at RHS Wisley, Surrey today. Throughout the Summer I spend time in the fruit orchard..... er... "liberating" some of the windfall fruit there. There were a few early apples and some plums to be had. They look like they will be fully ripe in about 3 weeks' time, I will set a date in my diary. As you can see, the Royal Horticultural Society has named a plant after me!!!
No trip to Wisley would be complete without a visit to the Mecca of all vegetable gardens.
Meanwhile back on the ranch, my tomatoes are in full throttle. Honourable mentions must go to the outsider "Ildi" for their spectacular display of yellow cherry tomatoes.
It looks like it is going to be an excellent year for blackberries. My local hedgerow is teeming with the blighters! I have just downed a very nice plateful of my Mum's blackberry and apple pie! A true taste of Summer.
Finally, a reminder to all garden bloggers with canine helpers. Don't forget to email me your photos of your faithful fido helping round the garden, watering, digging or supervising - I care not what! See previous blog for further details, entries to me by 20th August for inclusion in my forthcoming DOGBLOG!