What a lovely pair you have, Matron!

I was strolling round the fruit orchard at the RHS garden at Wisley today. This is one of my favourite places to be at this time of year. The fruits of nature laying all around me in the form of windfall apples and plums. There are thousands upon thousands of apple varieties in the world, but the supermarkets just prefer 2 or 3 that store well. Today I found apples the size of pineapples! As you can see here, I airbrushed in a couple of extra chins as well....
Here is one of my 'Jubilee' tomatoes which were sent to me from the USA earlier this year. I planted these seeds at the beginning of April, but I find it wonderful that they are ripening at the same time as the other beefsteak tomatoes which I planted under glass back in January! Nature has a way of finding a norm.