Can't Grow Carrots!

I'm afraid this is my best effort! I don't think that my London clay soil is the best for carrots, even though I loosened it up with additions of sand to improve the texture. Still, if you are going for laughs, then this gets the biscuit! Perhaps I should run another competition - Matron's naughty vegetable show! Anyway, I know this is a vegetable blog, but I thought you might like to see some piccies from a short trip to Southwold in Suffolk yesterday.
Nutters Cheese Shop is the most brilliant delicatessen you will find anywhere. I popped in for a slice of Stinking Bishop Cheese! Ahhhh Grommit!
St Edmunds church towers over the village of Southwold, the sun shone all day yesterday.
And we had lunch at the Sole Bay Inn - a plate of locally caught fish and chips, washed down with a pint of Adnams bitter.
If you are ever in this part of the world, don't miss the opportunity for a visit.