A Very Pleasant Day

I had a perfect day out today, a trip to the Isle of Wight. I haven't been for at least 30 years or more and a visit was long overdue. The weather was perfect and we drove round the island. Lunch was taken at The Wight Mouse Inn.
A highlight of the visit was a trip to The Garlic Farm who have been winning RHS Gold medals at shows and displays all over Britain.
I've never been very successful growing garlic on my patch. I know the theory of how it should be grown but it doesn't seem to want to in my garden. With the purchase of some seed garlic today I will give it one last chance! 3 bulbs of Solent Wight, Chesnok Wight and Early Purple Wight should give me the best chance possible.
I didn't buy any Elephant Garlic, a bit of a novelty item but I like my garlic hot and fiery and I hear this is a bit on the mild side.
And finally my delightful travelling companions today, making sure that we enjoyed every minute of the day!
This is by way of another reminder to join in Matron's Dogblog. Please email me a picture of your canine garden helper by 28th September and I will be sure to add it to the post.