Food Yards!

I dug the first of my other new potatoes International Kidney this morning. If I happened to be lucky enough to live on Jersey I would be allowed to call them Jersey Royal new potatoes.. some silly EEC regulation means that because I grow them elsewhere I have to call them International Kidney. That aside, I steamed them and ate them for lunch - just the most sensational waxy new potato you could imagine. This is the first time I have grown them, and in my mind they will be hard to beat. A definite for next year!

P.S. Don't forget to send me a photo of what's in your trug for my forthcoming Matron's TRUGBLOG .
Speaking of food yards (not food miles) I walked down the end of the garden this morning and as well as digging potatoes, I picked some more broad beans. Shelled them, put the pods on the compost heap and steamed the beans. Not a plastic wrapper or a car journey in sight.