Delighted to Eat You!!

Matron is back! I made a new lobster friend while visiting Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia last week..
Visited some local markets wherever I went, these beautiful cauliflowers were grown on the Island of Orleans just a few miles from Quebec City, Canada.
So were these delicious Mcintosh apples. They were the shiniest apple I have ever seen!
I came across an amazing beefsteak tomato which is grown locally in Quebec. Incredible when you consider that last Winter the locals had more than 30 feet of snow!! I bought one home with me so that I can save seed and grow some next year. I will try to find out what the variety name is. I asked a grower and the name sounded like De-lor.... or something like that. Enquiries continue.

This gravestone speaks for itself. A very moving visit to the Fairview Lawn Cemetery in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Fresh wild blueberries on sale in St John, New Brunswick.
My favourite view of the QE2 anchored among the 'porcupine islands' at Bar Harbor, Maine.
She is the most beautiful creature afloat, alas she has been sold as a floating hotel in Dubai. Crying shame! I will miss her.
And finally home this afternoon. One of my 'Black Forest' climbing courgettes had grown into a monster marrow! .... cheese sauce being made as we speak. More photos to follow. Glad to be back home!