Unwanted Visitors...

A few weeks ago I collected and dried some purple podded peas and some crimson flowered broad beans. I packaged them all up in re-cycled envelopes. It was only today that I was going through my seeds when I noticed one of the envelopes had a window on it and I could see the beans inside..... but they had company!!!

I spent the time this afternoon emptying out all these envelopes to find that some small round,black beetles had burrowed their way out of some of the beans, there were quite a few holes about 2mm round. When I released them from the envelopes some of them flew off. I know that peas suffer from pea moth weevils, but I have no idea what these are. I sorted through the rest of the beans and discarded any damaged beans and have stored the rest in a glass jar. I will keep these under observation for the next few months.