Before the First Frosts..

I am so pleased with my pumpkins Rouge Vif D'Etamps. Every day the colour just gets darker and darker.
Just one pepper in the greenhouse, quite a few peppers on it, they are juicy and so sweet.
I made a second, later planting of runner beans Enorma, and they are still going strong well into October now. Make the most of it till the first frost comes.
I have a crop of borlotti-type beans still waiting for some sun to ripen them. These are from an old heritage variety I 'liberated' from George Washington's heritage vegetable garden at Mount Vernon, Virginia a couple of years ago. I think the variety is Vermont Cranberry.
Only a few courgettes left on the bush Defender variety. This really is very resistant to mosaic virus I used to suffer until I switched to this one. Highly recommended.