Reading material

It is the catalogue season again! Almost daily a new seed catalogue for 2009 pops through the letterbox. A special area of interest for next year for me will be the huge numbers of new and old tomato varieties. It seems that so many varieties are coming to us from Eastern Europe and from much colder climates. I think next year I will have a go at growing one of the black, purple or chocolate coloured varieties. Black Krim and Black Russian spring to mind. I do insist on flavour being the primary objective. Can anyone recommend a really tasty black/purple/brown tomato?
On the subject, I have posted a few more tomato varieties found at West Dean Gardens.
All shapes and sizes.
All different colours and textures.
If only I had room to try them all !
I think I am becoming addicted to growing tomatoes! If this doesn't give you your fix, then perhaps a couple of websites might satisfy your cravings. Try www.tomatogrowers.com and www.tomatofest.com These are websites in the USA, but perhaps I might find a way.......