Fecundity!

I love that word! It represents the feeling that I get this time of year when I see all this wonderful produce dripping from our trees and on our soil. I woke this morning to discover the first frost of the year. Beautiful patterns of ice crystals here on my broccoli. When the sun came up over the horizon I was off for an exciting day.
Today and up till Sunday is the Autumn produce show at the RHS Gardens at Wisley. Part of their 'Grow Your Own' campaign.
Wonderful displays of pumpkins and squash. This is my favourite Winter squash 'Delicata' .
Apples, pears and quinces were sold, and there were generous free tastings too!
What a beautiful array of Autumn colour.
So Matron visited the tropical greenhouse, hiked up past the Piet Oudolf border towards the orchard. Here is a rare glimpse of Matron herself!
To my favourite place in the whole wide world. The orchard.
Acres and acres, hundreds of apple trees laden with fruit.
Every conceivable shape, colour and size. There were thousands of trees, and some of the ancient varieties have incredible names. Easter Orange, Winter Banana, Kings Acre Pippin, Nanny, King Coffee, Beauty of Hants, Pomeroy of Somerset and The Bloody Ploughman were just a few...but Matron had to have a favourite..
Ooooh Matron!