First Raspberries

Raspberries are masters of disguise! To look at the raspberries from a distance you can just see green leaves. I suppose this might fool a passing blackbird from a distance, but this is why I missed these beauties ripening underneath. Only three today, but there are more ripening every day. There is nothing on earth like a freshly picked raspberry straight off the plant! They didn't make it anywhere near a bowl or a spoon.

Meanwhile, neatly tied up to a fence these loganberries are a few weeks away yet. Their super abundance is the first ingredient in a Summer Pudding. I love this time of year, and the time is drawing near.

Hot sunshine on these past few days has brought my leek flowers nearer and nearer to opening. I can almost see the bees queuing up around the corner!