Summer Fruits!

You can just smell the vitamins in this little lot! Gradually all my top fruit are starting to ripen.

This is Gooseberry 'Invicta' a variety that is quite resistant to mildew, but sadly not sawfly attacks. These gooseberries were completely ripe and as sweet as sweet can be. Truly one of the most wonderful sweet fruit you can grow! If you can make room for a gooseberry bush in the corner of your plot, it will repay you abundantly!

This is another lovely, sweet gooseberry 'Hinomaki Red' these start green then ripen to a deep red colour. Not quite there yet, but I'm looking forward to them.

Blackcurrants are another of the top fruit that are wonderfully sweet when they are fully ripe. If you buy them unripe (which you will from a supermarket) they are horrid and sour. These are sweet and lovely!

Same here, redcurrants are generally quite acid and do better when mixed with other sweeter fruit, yet if you get them really ripe, they are lovely.

And I am not the only one enjoying the fruits of the garden! I had to keep my eyes wide open because he was sneaking around helping himself when my back was turned! The lovely Leo!