The Big Pig Manure Debate!

Yesterday I visited a smallholding in Bedfordshire. I have found a fantastic source of fresh chicken, pork and lamb. I know where the animals were kept, I know the place they were killed and I met their parents.... I visited a shed full of Berkshire piglets yesterday, and behind the shed was an eye watering HUGE pile of well rotted stable manure from pigs. The farmer was only too delighted at the thought of getting rid of some of it. Living in London, I cannot get enough of it.

Here's the dilemma. My Sister said that pig manure isn't really suitable for gardens because pigs are omnivores, they eat proteins and the manure is not the same as horses and cows who are vegetarian. Apparently these pigs are free to wander round a field and their diet is supplemented with "pellets". Can anyone shed some light on this mucky matter?