My First Butternut Squash

I saw this chap sitting on a wall today. Peacock butterflies are some of the most beautiful common English butterflies around. Thank heavens for digital cameras, though - this was the best of quite a few taken!
I have to keep on top of picking the beans at the moment. Almost every day there are more and more to pick. Every gardener knows about those 'invisible beans' , you know when you have gone over the plant with a fine tooth comb, and there it is right in front of you and you missed it all along. Runner beans have a way of hiding, don't they? I have grown quite a few runner bean varieties this year. The best of the bunch in my opinion are: Blauhilde, Eden and Enorma. You can keep the rest, coloured flowers and all ! Well, I bit the bullet today and picked my first butternut squash. There are plenty to come, in fact the whole plant seems to be just female flowers. The others on the plant will not grow much until I take this big one away as the plant puts all its energy into the largest one.