My Wooden Trug

I had hoped to save this topic for the middle of Winter, when there is little to blog about. The subject has been raised however, the previous blog illustrates my functional plastic trug.
This one is a real antique! I bought it a few years ago in an antique market in Fulham. I just love the real rustic functionality of it. In fact, any item which has been used and loved for many years has more charm, in my mind, than one which is perfect. This is real old fashioned craftsmanship. Down on the allotment, this is just the tool for the job.
As you can see there is a bit of damage which I will set about repairing. I have a discarded fence panel at the end of my garden, so I will cannibalize a piece of panel, sand it down to the right shape and try to make a good 'rustic' repair. I gave it a coat of preservative today, which should give it a few more years' useful life. Story continues.....