Everything's Growing!

Almost every day things are growing and ripening. That is one of the joys of growing your own veg, you can go down to the allotment and something has changed since yesterday. These 'Tigerella' tomatoes were a freebie with Grow Your own magazine this Spring. They are so lovely to look at. Awaits the taste test.
My runner bean hedge is taking over the world right now! With all this rain and sunshine over the past few weeks, the bean wigwams are about 8 or 9ft tall. I have about 8 different varieties of climbing beans. These 'Eden' are clearly the first to reach edible size. They have a lovely creamy white flower, these beans appear to be a smooth flat bean. First one has been eaten! completely stringless and very tender.
This butternut squash has been romping away! Every day it gets bigger and bigger. I have been foliar feeding all my squashes and pumpkins this year, following the advice of the vegetable growing guru Medwyn Williams. I still have some liquid manure left, from my stinging nettle soup.. I have been feeding the leaves with a very dilute mixture. Quite hard in the current conditions because it rains about 10 times a day at the moment!