One Cold January Morning

I managed to get out for a day's digging down on the allotment this week. It was something I had meant to get around to doing but never quite managed. It's like blowing the cobwebs out isn't it? I cleared out the greenhouse and swept the floor. I am now thinking about planting my first, earliest seeds in the propagator.

I turned my compost heap and added some more stuff to it. When I peeled back the covering carpet I said hello to my resident FROG. Whilst digging around there were several robins paying attention to me. Here I must confess this robin was not in my garden, but posted it nevertheless to illustrate that our British robin is not the same as the American robin. I always laughed when I watched Mary Poppins singing 'a spoonful of sugar' while an American robin perched on her finger in the centre of London. Hmmm

This robin was photographed a couple of years ago at the Lost Gardens of Heligan, in Cornwall. Completely tame, no need for a zoom lens for this picture, it just posed inches away from me!