Found in my Compost Heap!

These two are permanent residents of my compost heap! I put 3 layers of carpet offcuts and a plastic sheet on top of my heap in the Winter to keep it protected, these two frogs have found a home between the layers! What sensible creatures they are! Plenty of protection from the elements, and copious quantities of snails, slugs and worms to eat. I really positive sign to me that despite my use of slug pellets occasionally, I have a reasonably healthy garden. They are slightly different colours - I wonder if they are male and female?? I wonder how they are going to celebrate St Valentines Day? hmmm
I took advantage of a beautiful sunny day this week to pot up a couple of my strawberry plants into a pot in the greenhouse. Hopefully I will have an ultra-early crop of fresh strawberries. Those of us that grow our own will appreciate the taste of anything that is JUST that little bit earlier than the rest. I have also planted a couple of ultra early 'Rocket' seed potatoes in the greenhouse as well. The sunny days are almost warm inside the greenhouse, but the nights are still well below freezing. Roll on Spring!