Happy Saint David's Day!

Today is St David's Day. St David is the patron Saint of Wales. It is traditional to wear either a daffodil or a leek in your lapel today! I was thrilled to see that HRH Prince Charles had a mini leek pinned to his lapel today when he went to RAF Brize Norton to pick up his youngest Son.
To celebrate, I went down to the allotment and picked two of my last leeks. Those toilet rolls had really helped blanch the stems. I am particularly proud of these two.
Otherwise I spent this lovely sunny day pottering about in the greenhouse, inspecting and watering my little seedlings. My chilli 'Scotch Bonnet' has germinated well, I saved the seed from some peppers I bought in a West Indian grocers. They are lethally hot!
You might spot that I have saved plastic cutlery from the canteen at work and re-use them as plant labels.
The shallots are starting to sprout leaves. I am a bit worried about some patches of sooty mould appearing between the layers of dry skin. I hope that when they get planted outside and start putting roots down into the soil, this will clear up.