Toms Beans and Peas

I'm not growing quite as many varieties of tomatoes this year. It is lovely to try new ones, but I grow for flavour. Here are gardeners delight, sungold and chocolate cherry. it is interesting to have a variety in a bowl together then eat them one after another to compare the texture, sweetness, acid and flavour between varieties. I think the chocolate cherry comes out near the top, surprisingly!

I love the way that Gardeners delight grows. They come down and down like a double string of pearls!

I shelled my Salmon flowered peas today. There are plenty left over...so..

So if you would like to try some of these heritage peas next year, drop me an email with your details and I will be happy to share. It is important to keep these old varieties going. I know a couple of people have expressed an interest already but I can't remember who!! just drop me a line again please.

I have an amazing crop of parsley this year. It is just perfect right now. I was debating with myself how I might take advantage of this glut. Shall I chop and freeze?

I am thrilled this hairy cucumber 'Bari' seems to be growing. This is an unusual variety I swapped with Mas Du Diable last year. An old family variety passed down from generation to generation by a family in Bari, Italy.
Queensland blue squash coming along nicely too.
As is the Tromba D'albegna squash!